I’m honored to say that dearlilyjune nominated me for a Liebster award! Thank you, dearlilyjune, as I love reading your posts to your little one and find much solace in your words.
The rules of accepting said award, as I understand them, are as follows.
To accept a Liebster, you should…
- Write a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator, and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
- Copy these rules into your post.
My questions to answer:
- What are your feelings about mirrors? Do you obsess over them? avoid them? cover them when someone dies? I avoid them except in the morning when I’m getting ready for the day at hand.
- What mirror most haunts you, be it literal (the fun house mirror of swimsuit shopping) or figurative (the way your child reflects x in you)? Definitely the former – swimsuit shopping is not fun!
- What do you know about hope? I know that hope lives deep inside like a flame everlasting and you must keep it well fueled and not forget that it’s still there when the going gets tough.
- What’s something you always seem to do wrong or backwards? (A word you always misspell, for instance)? I often put my pjs on backwards when I change into them in the dark.
- What’s something you can always seem to get right on the first try? Telling someone’s character from the way they interact with me and others.
- How does reflecting on yourself change who you are? (Does answering these questions make a liar out of you?) Reflecting on myself makes me realize how much I’ve changed and grown since the last time I reflected on myself. Haha! No, I’m not lying. 🙂
- If you were the last person left on earth, would you be lonely, or just alone? I’d definitely be lonely without anyone to write to. 😉
- In what ways are you just like your parents? (How do you mirror them)? I’m just as stubborn as my father and as accepting of others as my mother.
- If you haven’t […fill in the blank…], you haven’t lived. I would say “loved” in any sense of the word.
- If there were one thing/topic/idea/concept/behavior you wish people reflected on more before they spoke, what would it be? Listening to understand and not just to react.
- How do you keep from falling into the well of yourself? (That could mean how do you avoid depression, or self-centeredness, or selfishness or some combination)? I listen to upbeat music or sometimes the sad tunes just to feel what I’m feeling if I’m down. I write in a diary or here or elsewhere when I feel like I’m being self-centered – a way to reach out to the vast universe. Or I pray.
And My Nominees Are…
- Lance Price Blog 2016
- Behind the White Coat
- Chape Personal Trainer
- The View From My Window
My questions to you:
- What is your biggest fear and why? What do you do to avoid it?
- Who do you love the most (people gone or alive, deities, role models, etc.) and why?
- If you found your soulmate (supposing that you haven’t already done so) what would you tell them? (If you have done this, what did you say to them? What was your reaction?)
- If you had a whole pizza to yourself right now, would you polish it all off in one sitting or save some for later?
- What is one of your dream goals in life and what do you think you could do more of to achieve it eventually?
- When you were little, how did you explain where thunder and rain came from? (I’ve heard everything from angels’ tears to angels gone bowling).
- Are you more of a cat person or a dog person? Why do you say that?
- If you were to open your closet door right now, what color would the majority of your clothes be? Why? (Have you been doing your laundry lately??? 😉
- Define kindness.
- Do you see any hope in humanity or is your hope all invested in something or someone else? Why?
- Do you think robots will ever take over the world or do you believe in a zombie apocalypse? Or, how do you think the world will end or do you think the world will end when you close your eyes for the very last time?
If you were not nominated (I’m very sorry!!!), but you would still like to let me know your answers to these questions, please feel free to do so in a comment!