I’m here with you my love today,
Who knows until what time I’ll stay,
And where or when henceforth I’ll go,
A bit of you along shall mow
That tattered heart that beats for now,
A heart that comes alive somehow
When lips of mine upon your brow
Leave kisses for you to be endowed.
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life – rushing to get from here to there and back again. Sometimes it’s necessary to slow down and appreciate the moment.
To help myself keep focused on the now and in touch with my innermost feelings, I find that meditation can be really helpful and healing. Just set aside a few minutes a day for yourself and you’ll see what I mean – a few minutes to just sit, relax, and be still.
I recently found an app that helps me a lot and even reminds me to meditate daily. So, naturally I thought to share it with you: it’s called Aura. It’s free – completely free – and I found it to be extremely refreshing. I hope it helps you as well.
I wish you a peaceful and joyful long weekend!
I’d like to take this post and dedicate it to those in my life who perhaps I have taken for granted – those of you who have at the least contributed to my life, my writing, my thoughts, my feelings, emotions, etc.
As my fellow blogger, Chape, has pointed out with the perfect quote:
“If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” Fred Rogers
You are important to me, even if I have neglected to say so out loud or through my actions.
The title of this post is “Aware” because I am very well aware of how important you are to me. And I often am not aware of how I take this for granted in daily life.
If you are reading this, know that you are loved and cherished – your contribution to my life is a great blessing and I thank you for it!
A huge expression of gratitude to Lance Price for the nomination! I continue to be baffled at the thought of being nominated for awards, but I am so humbled!
- Display Award Logo On Blog
- List The Rules
- Mention Creator Of Award & Provide A Link
- Thank The Blogger(s) Who Nominated You & Provide A Link
- Say 3 Things About Yourself
- Nominate From 10 To 20 Bloggers
- Notify Nominated Bloggers By Leaving A Comment On Their Blog
- Answer 5 Questions From Nominee
- Write 5 Questions For Your Nominees
- Share Your Best Post
3 Things about myself:
- I have a passion for writing and serving the public.
- I began writing stories when I was in the third grade and never stopped.
- I am happy to announce the new member of my family since Dec. 2016: 10-year-old girl, Everest (Parsons Russell Terrier).
5 Questions From Lance Price:
- What inspires you to write your next article? I am inspired by a variety of things, people, places, music sometimes, a movie, or the daily post prompts. 😉
- How do you start your day? I start my day with a cup of tea.
- What is your favorite weather pattern and why? I love the summer sun, so I’d have to go with sunny weather. It just warms me up from my core.
- What do you think the world needs more of and less of? It needs more humility and humanity/less hatred and selfishness.
- If there was one thing you could know everything about, what would it be? I would have to say dogs because I just can’t get enough information on them. Ever since I was little, I would look up information on different breeds and how they see the world, etc.
Five Questions For the Nominees:
- What do you look for in blog posts when you’re looking at the Reader feed (what makes you click to read more about a post)?
- How do you end your day?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Do you see hope in humanity or in a deity (God, etc.) or not at all?
- If there was one thing you could know about the future, what would you want to know?
Dear Lily June
In Silence We Suffer
Indisposed and Undiagnosed
The Evolutionary Mind
Empress to Inspire
The View From My Window
My best post? I’m not sure… Maybe Flourish
? What do you think?
How do you go about your daily life? Are you always in a rush to get somewhere and then to get back from there? Do you take the time to live your life lovingly?
What do I mean by this? I mean do you take the time to show those around you that you care about them? Do you take time out of your day to spend with them? Do you write little notes of encouragement for your kids and place them in their lunch box or backpack? Do you write in a card for your loved one on a special occasion? Do you add a hint of water to your dog’s kibble because he/she is a senior and it’s hard to chew?
When it comes down to the wire, what are you doing to live your life lovingly? After all, it’s the little things that make every day special. Is someone treating you lovingly? How? I’d like to hear about it in the comments.
via Daily Prompt: Lovingly